Hello my lovelies!
Today I bring you a recipe I have been using for years! Everyone I have ever made these for absolutely LOVE them! I must agree, they are SO decadent! I mean the soft gooey chocolate and caramel in between the brownie pieces, with the slight crush of walnuts… Oooh! I mean, if there is a food heaven anywhere out there, I am most definitely there when I have these!
Now that Christmas is over and New Years is just around the corner I thought I could get these out to you all so you all can enjoy some yummy treats whilst enjoying some quality time with your friends and family. Who knows, you may just be crowned the baking King / Queen just simply because of this! It’s that good!
There’s two parts to these brownies if you don’t already have caramel sauce prepared. You could find pre-made caramel sauce at big stores but I like making my own. If you do make your own, do remember that you can store your sauce in the freezer and use it later for anything. I recently started to use it on my Lattes with whipped cream. You can use it for whatever you want!
Home-made Caramel Sauce
Makes around 2 cups
- 1 cup of Granulated sugar
- ½ cup of Water
- ¾ cup of Heavy Cream, warmed slightly, either in a small saucepan or microwave
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1) In a large non stick sauce pan combine the sugar and water, cook over medium low heat until the sugar dissolves without stirring ever! Just swirl the pan around. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat to medium high and let it bubble away until it turns a deep amber color, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2) Turn the heat down to low at this point and add the warm heavy cream slowly. Be careful because it will bubble vigorously. Keep whisking until everything is combined and turn the heat off.
- 3) Add the butter, salt and vanilla and whisk in until the butter melts. Set aside to cool completely.
Makes Around 16
- 3/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup of Cocoa Powder
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ¼ tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup of White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup of Caramel Sauce
- ½ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, grease a 8 inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper, set aside.
- 2) In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and instant espresso powder, set aside.
- 3) In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- 4) Add in the dry ingredients and mix just enough to incorporate the dry ingredients in well.
- 5) Reserve 1 cup of the batter and set aside. Spread the remaining batter into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, sprinkle the walnuts and white chocolate chips evenly over the batter, drizzle the caramel sauce on top of that.
- 6) Add the milk chocolate chips to the remaining 1 cup of batter, then spread this mixture all over the top of the caramel.
- 7) Bake the brownies for about 30 minutes. Let them cool completely then serve!
I hope you enjoy your final product as much as I did! Let me know how you get on!
Keep smiling (: